Yes! Fresh Step® non-clumping cat litter can help get your car out in two ways. The first is prevention: Keep a bag of Fresh Step® non-clumping litter in your trunk for added weight so (hopefully) you don’t get stuck in the first place. If your car does get stuck, you can use Fresh Step® non-clumping litter (100% clay with no filler) to help to free your vehicle. It’s very important to make sure you use the non-clumping version. Our scoopable and crystal versions will cause a slippery mess.
- 1. First, clear out any snow or debris from your tailpipe. This ensures that the car won’t fill with any dangerous gases.
- 2. Break up as much snow and ice from around the stuck wheels.
- 3. Open your package of Fresh Step® (again, make sure it’s the non-clumping variety).
- 4. Sprinkle the litter in front of your stuck wheels.
- 5. Use the lowest gear possible. As soon as your car starts to slip, reverse a bit, then try again. Go back and forth until you gain traction. Be gentle and accelerate slowly.
- 6. Got extra cat litter? Use it on your driveway or front walk for traction.