Best Friends and Fresh Step® Charitable Campaign
Program Terms and Conditions
1. Eligibility: The Best Friends and Fresh Step® Charitable Campaign (“Program”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and D.C., eighteen (18) years old or older. Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: The Clorox Pet Products Company , 1221 Broadway, Oakland, CA, 94612 (“Sponsor” or “Clorox”). Charitable Organization: Best Friends Animal Society, 5001 Angel Canyon Road, Kanab, UT 84741 (“Charitable Organization”).
3. Charitable Purpose: The money raised through this Program will help the Charitable Organization further its “Save Them All” campaign and mission of bringing about a time when there are No More Homeless Pets by helping end the killing in America’s animal shelters through building community programs and partnerships all across the nation. Through this Program, Sponsor will provide the Charitable Organization with (a) a monetary donation of up to $50,000 based on new Fresh Step® Paw Points® Rewards Programsign-ups and (b) a product donation of up to 200,000 pounds of litter based on code or receipt uploads to the Fresh Step® Paw Points® Rewards Program. Visit https://bestfriends.org/ for further information about the Charitable Organization.
4. Timing: The Program is comprised of two components: (a) the Fresh Step® Paw Points® Rewards ProgramSign-Up drive which begins on March 2, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on December 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PT or when the goal has been reached, whichever comes first (“Paw Points® Sign-Up Period”); and (b) the Code/Receipt Upload which begins on January 30, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. PT and ends on December 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PT or when the goal has been reached, whichever comes first (“Code/Receipt Upload Program Period”).
5. How to Participate: There are two (2) ways to participate in the Program:
- (a) New Paw Points® Sign-Ups: During the Paw Points® Sign-Up Period, go to freshstep.com or the Fresh Step app and follow the links and instructions to sign up for a new free membership in the Fresh Step® Paw Points® Rewards Program (“Qualifying Sign-Up”). For each Qualifying Sign-Up, Clorox will donate $5.00 to the Charitable Organization, up to a maximum donation of $50,000.
Previous or current members in the Fresh Step® Paw Points® Rewards Programare not eligible.
- (b) Fresh Step Code/Purchase Receipt Uploads: During the Code/Receipt Upload Program Period, any code or receipt from a qualifying Fresh Step® kitty litter product may be used to participate in the Program as outlined below:
(i) Receipt Upload: First, take a photo of your receipt. The image must be clear and legible and include the purchase date of your receipt, show the retailer, the qualifying product(s) that you purchased, including the price of the Qualifying Purchase(s) as well as the total amount of money spent on the receipt.Then, submit your receipt by logging in to the website freshstep.com or the Fresh Step app. Once logged into the site, go to https://www.freshstep.com/paw-points/ or https://www.freshstep.com/paw-points/enter-codes/ and upload your receipt image as instructed. If logged into the app, click the Receipt Upload icon on the home screen and follow the instructions (“Qualifying Receipt Upload”).
(ii) Code Upload: To upload a code you must join or be logged in to the website freshstep.com or the Fresh Step app. Once logged into the site, go to https://www.freshstep.com/paw-points/ or https://www.freshstep.com/paw-points/enter-codes/ and enter your code as instructed and hit submit. If logged into the app, click the Enter Code icon on the home screen and follow the instructions (“Qualifying Code Upload”).
For each Qualifying Receipt Upload or Qualifying Code Upload, Clorox will donate one (1) scoop of litter to the Charitable Organization, up to a maximum donation of 1,100,000 scoops of litter equaling 200,000 pounds of litter.
6. Donation Terms: Throughout the Paw Points Sign-Up Period and the Code/Receipt Upload Program Period, Sponsor will calculate the number of Qualifying Sign-Ups and Qualifying Receipt Uploads and Qualifying Code Uploads to date and will provide Charitable Organization with the corresponding monetary donation (up to $50,000) and product donation (up to 200,000 pounds of litter). Further, no later than 30 days after the end of the Periods, Sponsor will provide Charitable Organization with a final accounting for the entire Promotion. Information concerning the Charitable Organization, including financial, licensing and charitable purpose information, may be obtained without cost by writing to the Charitable Organization at the above address.
7. Release: By participating, participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, HelloWorld, Inc., Charitable Organization, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Program.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Program, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Program, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Program or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Program may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, typographical, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Program; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software, or lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Program; (4) other errors or problems of any kind relating to or in connection with the Program, whether printing, typographical, technical, computer, network, mechanical, or human error or otherwise, which may occur in the administration of the Program, the processing of qualifying Sign-Ups, Receipt Uploads or Code Uploads or in any Program-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, delayed, inaccurate, garbled, damaged or stolen data; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Program.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Program shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Program, and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Program, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
© 2020 HelloWorld,
Inc. All rights reserved.